XARA SUMMER CAMP
August 20th - August 22nd, 2018
Xara camp is for students in grades 9-12 (including grade 12 graduates). We aim to make this year's camp a blast for our campers with the theme: Crushing Comforts. Throughout this year, we have observed that our high school students need to spark a passion for service and leadership. Meaning they need to start seeking ways to serve the church and the community, and not themselves. By doing so, we need to help them seek the comforts that are indulging in. By identifying them, we can easily break these comforts that are chaining us down to achieve our full potential for God.
For Xara to have the heart to serve, by developing leaders of tomorrow
By actively challenging each other to not be complacent where they currently stand
- Start bringing new friends to build community
- To create opportunities where students can serve each other
- To challenge students to take healthy risks
- To create an environment where students feel comfortable to take healthy risks could be added
Location: Riverview Bible camp, 055324 Concession Road 12, Chesley, ON, N0G 1L0
Early bird: $155.00
Departure: Monday, August 20th @ 12:30PM
Returning: Wednesday, August 22nd @ 5:00PM
Please arrive at MCAC by 12:00PM on departure day.
• All participants to eat lunch prior to bus ride or pack a brown bag lunch to
eat on the bus.
• Departure from campsite will be at 3:00PM. Bus trip approx. 2.5 hours.
• For any emergencies, you can contact Pastor John Mah at 416-839-4588.
• For church address and more information, see www.mcacon.org
• For camp address and more information, see www.riverviewbible.com
Note to Parents
Mississauga Chinese Alliance Church is proud to be running camps for students from junior high to university level. It is our priority to ensure that your campers have the best experience at camp and one of the ways to do that is to provide a safe environment for them. We have adult volunteers from church that will be cooking for our campers.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email Isaac Chau at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Isaac Chau (Camp Director)
Pastor John Mah (Student Ministry Pastor)
WWJD SUMMER CAMP 2018
August 22nd - August 24th, 2018
Away From Keyboard
Dear Campers and Families
I am so excited for you know that you are about to participate in a camp of a lifetime! Mississauga Chinese Alliance Church is proud to be providing a camp that develops strong and inspiring leaders of the future. We understand that children nowadays are constantly occupied with computer games and drawing, none of which are bad things. However, we believe that they are missing out on developing a crucial skill in life: Communication. Not just face to face communication, but how to develop real, meaningful relationships. We would want your kids to learn how to love their parents, to develop trust among friends, exemplify integrity and responsibility.
Isaac Chau (Camp Director)
Pastor John Mah (Student Ministries Pastor)
Genuine relationships are hard to find, and people find it hard to trust their friends. In a world we live in, when technology has impacted us more than ever before, it affects us from creating and developing deep and meaningful relationships. When we can build relationships, we are living out what God has made us to do, in fact, God created us to have a relationship with Him in the first place. So let us dig deep in the Bible, put away our phones and computers, and start living out the original intent of our lives.
General Camp Information
Location: Riverview Bible camp, 055324 Concession Road 12, Chesley, ON N0G 1L0
Date: August 22nd-24th, 2018 (Mon-Wed)
Bus leaves MCAC @ 12:30pm on August 22nd (Please arrive at 12:00pm).
Bus leaves Riverview Bible camp @ 12:00pm on August 24th.
Bus trip is approx. 2.5 hours
Bus will arrive in MCAC @ 2:30pm
Early Bird: $150.00 (before Sunday July 24rd, 2018)
Regular: $165.00 (After Sunday July 24rd, 2018)
$10.00 OFF second sibling
$10.00 OFF if you bring a new friend, you friend gets $10.00 off their registration. Please email at email@example.com to ask for the CODE to get this discount
What your campers will be learning
During this camp, your youth will be learning why it is essential to have these characteristics to build real, meaningful relationships.
All the staff in this camp are fully trained to provide the best experience for your camper. It is our main priority to ensure the safety of our campers and we will take every measure to uphold this policy. Meals are prepared by our lovely church volunteers and they take exceptional care in providing the most nutritious and delicious food for your campers. If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at Isaac.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Intense Scavenger Hunts
- Battle Royale Water-balloon fights
- Canoe Rides
- Amazing Campfires
- Go-Kart Racing
- Wagon Rides
- Basketball Competitions
- Arcade Games ..........and SO MUCH MORE
September 8th - November 24th, 2018
What is Alpha?
Alpha is a series of interactive sessions exploring the basics of the Christian faith.
There's no pressure and is free of charge; it's an open, informal, and honest space to explore and discuss life's big questions together.
All sessions start with food, because it's a great way to connect, relax and build friendships.
The talks are designed to be engaging and inspire conversation. Usually around 30 minutes long, they explore the big issues around faith and unpack the basics of Christianity.
The chance to share thoughts and ideas about the talk without being corrected or judged. There’s no obligation to say anything; it’s an opportunity to hear from others and contribute your own perspective.
MCAC Pioneer Clubs: 2018 - 2019
September 22nd - May 25th, 2019
What is Pioneer Clubs?
Pioneer Clubs offers time-tested, age-appropriate kids' ministry programs that are bible-based, Christ-centered, relationship-focused, and fun for everyone involved! The club programs integrate spiritual and personal development to help today's kids learn to follow Christ in every aspect of life. And the collaborative approach to ministry allows girls and boys to build healthy relationships with friends, caring adults, and most importantly, Jesus.
Why do Children Need a Club?
Today's rapidly changing society can make children feel insecure. God uses their families and friends to help them develop a sense of belonging, and Pioneer Clubs is a place where they can make friends and have opportunities provided for them to:
* Develop skills and have fun
* Experience successes and challenges
* Make choices based on biblical principles
What are the Goals of Pioneer Clubs?
* To enable children to enter into a personal relationship with Christ and to know His Word
* To enable children to form healthy relationships
* To enable children to grow as whole persons
* To enable adults to understand children and help them develop
When and Where do the Children Meet?
Children meet on the 2nd, 4th, and 5th Saturday nights (Sep 22, 2018 to May 25, 2019) from 5:30 to 7:30 at MCAC.
Club Kick-off Date: Sep 22, 2018
Club Closing Ceremony: May 25, 2019
Fees include a one-time uniform, a simple dinner, and other club accessories. The dinner will be served to children at 5:30pm.
Before signing up, please note that:
* Financial subsidies are available upon request (contact Pastor Faith email@example.com for further details)
* Requests to be in a specific group or switch groups are not guaranteed and are subject to the committee's final decision
* Written notification is required for early pickup
BIBLE QUIZZING 2018-2019
November 3rd - May 10th, 2019
The Mission Statement of Bible Quizzing
The mission of quizzing is to see visible evidence of the application of God's Word in the application of God's Word in the lifestyle of each participant.
Bible Quizzing is a ministry to of Christian Missionary Alliance to assist teens to connect with God in a deeper way by experiencing him and expanding His Kingdom.
It Accomplishes This By:
- Providing students from Grades 7-12 with the opportunity to be involved in the systematic study and application of God's word
- Building character, instilling self-discipline, and encouraging prayer and unity
- Equipping young people with the capacity to serve one another
- Devotion/Team Time (by Pastor or Coach) from 11:30 - 11:45
- Team Practice from 11:45 to 12:30
An overall plan, a quizzer book, and study questions.
1) Date: November 3rd, 2018 at 9:00am
Chapters: John 1 - 5, 213 verses (25%)
2) Date: January 12th, 2019 at 9:00am
Location: Mississauga Chinese Alliance Church
5710 Kennedy Road, Mississauga
Chapters: John 6 - 9, 224 verses (25%)
3) Date: March 2nd, 2019 at 9:00am
Location: West London Alliance Church
750 Wonderland Road N, London
Chapters: John 10 - 13, 187 verses (25%)
4) Date: May 10th to 12th, 2019
Location: Muskoka Woods Sports Resort, Huntsville, ON
Chapters: John 14 - 21, 225 verses (25%)
Quizzing Teams & Captain Covenant
"Those who honour me I will honour." - 1 Samuel 2:30b
I am willing to be a committed team member/captain in Bible Quizzing September 2018-2019.
T - Teamwork (1 Corinthians 13)
E - Encouraging your team and staying positive
A - Allowing mistakes and grace
M - Memorizing your part (Quizzers at least 70% and captains/co-captins at least 80%)
W - Winning Attitude: Follow the rules, be competitive, be honest and fair, work on difficulties
O - Obey and respect your captain, coaches, BQ authority, and rules (including the dress code)
R - Rely on God; be a disciple of Jesus Christ
K - Key to success: Set your own goals
Quizzer's Qualification of Each Tournament
- Quizzers need to get at least 70% (captain and co-captins at least 80%) of the written quiz in order to qualify to join the District Bible Quizzing Meet
- If you miss the written quiz, you need to request from the coach for a make up quiz which must be done within the following week through email
- Quizzers must pay the quizzing fee in cash prior to the due date
- Storing God's Word in your heart
- Cultivating a genuine and deeper relationship with God
- A finished reward will be given to each quizzer when the quizzer fulfills the following 3 criteria: 1) Attend 3 out of 4 tournaments 2) Finish at least 70% of the assigned four tournament verses 3) Be a good team player and have good character
- If you decide not to join Bible Quizzing after the first quiz or you do not keep up with studying for the first quiz, you need to go to the regular Grades 7-12 sunday school class
- Five people make up one team (according to District Rules)
- The team members are assigned as: A, B, C, D, and E
- Member A is Captain and Member B is Co-Captain (optional)
- Members A and B are Practice Partners while Members C, D, and E are Practice Partners
TEAM FORMATION CRITERIA:
1) New quizzers are being cared for and teamed with experienced quizzers (Caring for others over being in our comfort zone)
2) Each quizzer will be in different teams every year (Learn to work with others)
3) Each team is balanced and contained experienced and new quizzers (Averages out each team)
- Each team consists of old and new quizzers
- All teams are assigned by coaches (teams may change after the first quiz)
- Coaches will arrange the team with selection criteria and previous year's quizzer scores, effort, and attitudes (over prayer)
- Team members can choose one buddy but there are no guarantees
- Each team will stay for only one year (This encourages experienced quizzers to help new quizzers and all quizzers learn how to work with other quizzers)
- Each team will have a combination of quizzers with different levels of experience)
- Once the member is assigned, you must complete your own assigned material before studying extra verses
$75(Early Bird) or $80 (after Early Bird) for all quizzers each tournament. The Muskoka fee cost will be TBD, but should be between $70-85 depending on accumulated costs for the year. The overall fees help to cover CCD registrations. All transportation is by rental bus. The 4th quiz fee will be adjusted according to overall expenses which include the year end celebration party.
Early Bird Due Dates:
1) Nov 3rd, 2018 (1st Quiz): By Oct 21st, 2018
2) Jan 12th, 2019 (2nd Quiz): By Dec 16th, 2018
3) Mar 2nd, 2019 (3rd Quiz): BY Feb 17th, 2019
4) May 10-12th, 2019 (4th Quiz): Amount TBD
(Siblings in the program may receive $100 total credit from the church
Estimated Overall Costs for the Year
CCD Registration Per Quizzer: $50 Per Quizzer
CCD Provided Lunches at Quizzes 1 - 3: $8 Per Quizzer Per Quiz
Muskoka Quiz-meet Lodging/Food: $125 Per Quizzer
Total Bus Costs Per Trip: Q1 ($600+tax), Q3 ($800+tax), Q4 ($1000+tax)
Sunday Bible Quizzing classes may include devotions with guest speakers, quizzing, study time, writing quizzes, captain meetings, and relationship building and bonding time.
Phi Nguyen - (647) 998-1451
Rev. Faith Lee - (647) 295-3409
Coaches and Assistant Coaches:
Phi Nguyen, Michelle Ho, Cindy Mah, Ezra Chu, Sherry Cheng, Johnny Chan, and Perry Yip